The Texas Forts Trail is dedicated to helping the sites, attractions and communities within our region develop and share their story with the traveling public. The Trooper Partner Program allows our regional partners to select what they need from a menu of services at the investment level most appropriate for them. Check out the complete Trooper Partner Program levels and benefits. Then, browse our 2017 benefits categories below to identify ways that the Texas Forts Trail Region can help you boost your promotions, interpretation, and best practice efforts in 2017. Have questions? Call us at (325) 795-1762. Have another idea? Share it with us and perhaps we can add it to our program as part of your benefits package. Ready to renew or enlist? Complete our Trooper Partner Membership Form and return it to the Forts Trail Office!
QUICK REFERENCE TROOPER PARTNER MATERIALS:
TEXAS FORTS TRAIL FACEBOOK PAGE / SOCIAL MEDIA
Over 6,500 fans actively follow the Forts Trail Facebook Page and we have an average weekly reach of 8,390 people. Use our Facebook page as a vehicle to promote your community and events to a wider audience. We are constantly reviewing trends and methodologies for keeping our engagement high. Leave the work to us!
- Promoted Posts: (paid by the Texas Forts Trail). Read about Facebook Promoted Posts: "Every day, news feed delivers the stories you post to your friends and subscribers. Promote important posts to help people notice them. Promoted posts appear higher in news feed, so there's a better chance your audience will see them...Only Pages with at least 400 likes can promote posts, and only posts made after June 2012 are eligible." Note that as of February 2014, the Texas Forts Trail Facebook page has 3,000+ fans.
- Photo Albums: Make sure photos of your community or site are front and center for our fans. Depending on level of membership, our partners may host their own named photo folder with up to 15 photos from that site only. Alternatively, photos may be included in category folders such as "historic houses," "downtowns" and "parks," for our fans to browse by subject. All photos will include location information in captions that positively promotes your site.
- Twitter: Events posted to our Texas Forts Trail Facebook page will also be posted to our Twitter feed, reaching 1,000+ more fans and followers.
You ought to be top-of-mind to travelers and if we have our way, you’ll be there regularly. Our newly developed systematic media campaigns encourage travelers to check your sites and communities for out of the ordinary treasures.
TRAVELER OUTREACH / CO-OP TRAVEL SHOWS
We are actively engaged in talking to the traveling public - live and online. We target our activities towards increasing travel in and through the Forts Trail Region at targeted travel shows and special events. We also work to reach groups of travelers through itinerary development with the West Texas Trip group.
The Texas Forts Trail offers participation in the following travel shows:
- Winter Texan Expo (McAllen)
- Houston Home & Garden Show - Travel Component
- Fort Worth Home & Garden Show - Travel Component
- TTIA Travel Fair for Texas Travel Counselors
- Frontier Forts Days in Fort Worth's Historic Stockyards
- The State Fair of Texas
NETWORKING & EDUCATION
Do you have access to best practices, news about current marketing trends, state agencies and associations and top-level speakers? The Forts Trail partners with various organizations to host workshops, affinity group networking opportunities and Partner Programs.
What do YOU need to succeed? Your community development, organizational and tourism needs aren’t solved with a one-size-fits-all approach. Our new add-on service packages allow you to pick individualized programs tailored to your needs. Select from hospitality / customer service workshops, board orientation or training, social media training, brochure design and development consulting, or propose your own. Pay for only those services you use.