Menu

Texas Forts Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Bluffdale


Bluffdale is located on U.S. Highway 277 and the North Paluxy River in Erath County.

Before the community was granted a post office by the name of Bluffdale, the community was known as Bluff Spring by the pioneers who settled near the site's artesian wells. Land was donated for the townsite a short distance to the east when the Fort Worth and Rio Grande Railway came through in 1889.


Map