Menu

Texas Forts Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Hawley


Hawley was settled by farmers and ranchers who named the community for C. W. Hawley, an official with the Wichita Valley Railroad. In spite of a fire in 1924 that destroyed most of the town, the community continued to grow. In the 1930s a major highway came through the community and oil fields were discovered. 


Map