Menu

Texas Forts Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Huckabay


Founded in 1875, Huckabay was called Flat Woods. When the town received a post office, the community was named for its first postmaster, John A. Huckabay. The Huckabay Academy operated from 1900 to 1910. In 1930 five schools were consolidated into the Huckabay district.


Map