Menu

Texas Forts Trail Region

Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's
Texas Heritage Trails Program

Strawn : The Thomas House


The Thomas House supporting Strawn since 1881. Great for overnight accomodations or day rentals: reunions, wedding events, retreats. Open by reservation. 


Location

  • 715 Central Avenue
  • Strawn , Texas
  • 76475

Contact

Hours & Fees

  • Open by Reservation. 

  • Call for pricing. 


Map


The R.B. Thomas house was designed by Dallas architect Thomas J. Galbraith and was completed in 1919. Mr. Thomas was a rancher who grew up in west Texas, where he helped his mother, Mary Ellen Satterfield Thomas, run the family ranch. They arrived in Strawn from Bowling Green, Kentucky in 1881, when the rialroad began to reach the area. The Ranger oil boom began in in 1917, with the McClesky No. 1 well on the family property. The house was built when the family made plans to move from the ranch into the town. The Thomas House is still owned by the Thomas family.